cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
William11
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hey All

I have a business producing about 10 000 records a month, that's going to double in a few months. Will it be feasible to create a new base each month and move the previous months data to a "backup" base?

Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yup. One of my old clients has been doing this for a few years.

When you duplicate the base, name the duplicate to with the name of the previous month. This duplicate is your "backup". I also like to change the color and/or icon of the duplicate base in order to quickly tell that it is an old base. I also usually put the duplicate in a free "archive" workspace.

Then in the original base, delete the old month's records. If you need to delete a lot of records in multiple tables, you can use a script to delete them quickly.

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2

Yes, this can be done. You'll likely require a Pro plan which allows 50,000 records per base while the Plus plan is limited to 5,000 records per base. Bases can be easily duplicated/archived.

Check out record limits and other details here: https://support.airtable.com/docs/airtable-plans

kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yup. One of my old clients has been doing this for a few years.

When you duplicate the base, name the duplicate to with the name of the previous month. This duplicate is your "backup". I also like to change the color and/or icon of the duplicate base in order to quickly tell that it is an old base. I also usually put the duplicate in a free "archive" workspace.

Then in the original base, delete the old month's records. If you need to delete a lot of records in multiple tables, you can use a script to delete them quickly.