cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alex_bray
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi all, thanks in advance for any tips!
I’ve created a couple of custom views in our main database, and wondering if it’s possible to move all of those views (there’s 5 of them), into a new tab, or base. They are currently spread out across 3 or 4 tabs in one base.
So, i’d like to ‘collect’ the 5 custom views i’ve made, and move them to a new tab called ‘to do’ (for example). Any tips?

7 Replies 7
M_k
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Hi @alex_bray

I found documentation about tables and views from Airtable. I don’t know if it will help.

Here is the link:

Hope it helps.

Mary

Hey thanks for the tip Mary. I’m actually looking at taking 5 different customer views i’ve made, which are currently across several tables, and adding them to a new base, or even just a new tab on the same base. Don’t think it’s possible though :frowning:

Currently i’m needing to flick between the tabs on the base to check the multiple views i created (which are all live updating to-do’s for customer relationship stuff). Was hoping i could save those views and move them somewhere.

Hi Alex

If no one can help here, I would suggest contacting Airtable support. They can let you know if your idea will work or not.

Mary

I’m looking for the same solution as Alex here…I have “dashboard” views across 3 different tables in one base. Ideally, I just have a table called “Dashboards” and all those custom views live in that one tab.

I would think this is possible, but haven’t figured out how to do it.

Any ideas?

Not sure this is the best way to do it, but what I’ve done is copied the links to the shared views and put them into a “dashboard” table.

Employees’ names are the Record IDs down the left column. Column 2 is their email address. Then the rest of the column headers are the descriptors for the various links I’m pulling together… starting with the link to this specific view (which is the only one I have to send out to that email address - - quick clicks).

I haven’t automated the email process.

But I sure would like to be able to automate the process of pulling links together between tables.

And I’d be eternally grateful to be able to adjust many views at once, instead of adjusting my Template View and then copying its configuration individually to each View based on it.

Hey Phillip,

I did something similar, but instead I created a simple HTML file in a program like Notepad / TextEdit that can be opened in a browser. I host the file in our company intranet, and I share the link with the team. Every time they access the file, it pulls the most recent information from Airtable via the embed links from each table view that I tagged as Dashboards.

If you’re interested in something like that, I can share you my code if you ping me. It’s super simple HTML.

Also, I wouldn’t be surprised if something like this can be done within Airtable’s page designer block, but at the moment I’m using the free plan, so I don’t have access to blocks.

May I have your code?