Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ethan_Ward
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

We have 3 bases.

1. Complete database -  Where we keep and use final data

2. Onboarding data and cleaning base - Where scraped data is uploaded and prepped to be pushed to complete database. Here we catch missing data points and where data doesn't match existing records in complete database. 

3. External data cleaning / filling base - This is where onboarding records from 2. that have missing fields or fields that don't match complete database are pushed to for a team of scrapers to fill or replace with the accurate data. This is currently done through synced views. Ideally once cleaned data can get pushed back into 2. the onboarding data base once complete. The issue is getting data to be fixed or updated in 3 through the synced views. Another issues is the search fields don't appear in the synced views.

Is there any work arounds for this or happy to for suggestions for another solution for the same use case. Note we have the separate base for 3 as we don't want to give access to all the records, only ones we have filtered as needing to be worked on.

1 Reply 1

> The issue is getting data to be fixed or updated in 3 through the synced views.

Hm, I assume you're using a synced view of a synced view to get it back into Base 2?  If so, assuming you've got a unique ID per record, you could possibly set up an automation that triggers when the synced view of the synced view has fields that are updated that will in turn update the original data?

> Another issues is the search fields don't appear in the synced views.
I'm not sure I follow, could you elaborate on this please?