194 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CultureLancer
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello, Airtable community! I'm working on setting up a career path assessment tool within Airtable, designed to evaluate and suggest personalized career paths based on user responses. My aim is to have everything contained within Airtable, from data collection to scoring and recommendations.

Objective:

The goal of this tool is to automatically calculate scores based on assessment responses and use these scores to suggest appropriate career paths. This involves creating a streamlined and efficient form directly in Airtable for data entry.

Current Setup:

- Tables: I have tables set up for Questions, Responses, Roles, Skills, and Traits.

- Form Creation: I am trying to create a form view in my Responses table to collect user inputs directly within Airtable.

Issue:

I am encountering difficulties in creating and configuring the form view:

- Form Fields: Some of the fields do not appear as expected in the form view.

- Field Ordering: Struggling with ordering the fields correctly according to the assessment sequence.

- Field Customization: Need advice on best practices for field settings to ensure data is captured correctly and efficiently.

-making sure that the respondents get automated suggestions based on mapped data

Specific Questions:

1. How can I ensure that all necessary fields are visible and properly ordered in the form view?

2. What are the best practices for customizing fields in a form view to guide users effectively through the assessment?

3. Are there any limitations or common pitfalls in Airtable forms that I should be aware of to prevent data collection issues?

Request for Guidance:

I would greatly appreciate any tips, tricks, or insights on how to effectively set up and manage form views in Airtable for an assessment tool like this. If you have experience with similar setups or know of useful resources, please share!

Thank you in advance for your help and suggestions!

1 Reply 1
j-hugg-ins
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Although Airtable is making efforts to improve the situation, as it stands the built in form features are incredibly limited, especially if you’re trying to interact with data across more than one table. I would suggest taking a look at Fillout, a form solution that integrates beautifully with Airtable and has WAY more features and options. It also has a very generous free tier so chances are it won’t cost you anything either 🙂

https://www.fillout.com/