560 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnInAlabama
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I'm working on base to track hotel room usage for a conference, and would like to set up a dashboard to show nightly occupancy against our contracted number of rooms per night. This is my setup in GSheets which works great, and ideally I'd like to replicate something like this in AirTable:

Screenshot 2023-05-24 134948.png

In my base design, I have a reservations table with room type, check-in, and check-out fields. Any ideas?

Thanks!

1 Reply 1
Lom_Labs
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hello @JohnInAlabama 

To properly manage this, you'll first need a table where each entry corresponds to a unique date. This table will help us track the usage of rooms for each day and record the number of rooms that are allocated for a given date.  Let us call this table "Room Usage"

The next step requires extracting the specific dates between the check-in and check-out periods. These dates then need to be inserted into a field that links to the table "Room Usage"

Reservations.png

Once this is accomplished, you'll be able to use a "Count" field to determine the total number of rooms used on a particular date.

Subsequently, we need to create a field to document the number of rooms available for that date. We can then establish a formula field to calculate the "Remaining / Over" quantity.

Room Usage.png

To extract the exact dates between the check-in and check-out periods, you may find it helpful to use a formula that I've created and is available for purchase here

You can also try this formula out before purchasing it by submitting this form  and you can go to this table to see the results

If you need further clarification, feel free to reach out.