535 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WilliamPorter
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

In the new Community app, is it not possible for authors of posts to edit their posts after they're published? 

Added 1 minute later: Hmm. I just now looked at the Comments Options and I found an Edit Post command. But that command isn't there for a post I published just a short while ago? What's the difference? Do I get just 120 seconds to edit it or something like that?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

If you scroll down to Bill's post and Jordan's reply in the announcement topic, you will see a discussion of editing posts/comments and the fact that it is buggy. There is also a link to this form for submitting issues related to the operation of the community website.

Although issues with editing posts/comments have already been reported, I believe that it is still useful for everyone to continue reporting bugs. 

- Reports from more people give a better feel for the scope of the problem. If only single person reports a bug, they might think that the bug doesn't affect many people, and thus it might not get fixed. Plus, people have slightly different use cases.
- There are ongoing fixes being implemented. They might have think that they fixed a previously reported issue, but if a new bug report comes in after a fix is rolled out, then they know that fix didn't work.

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

If you scroll down to Bill's post and Jordan's reply in the announcement topic, you will see a discussion of editing posts/comments and the fact that it is buggy. There is also a link to this form for submitting issues related to the operation of the community website.

Although issues with editing posts/comments have already been reported, I believe that it is still useful for everyone to continue reporting bugs. 

- Reports from more people give a better feel for the scope of the problem. If only single person reports a bug, they might think that the bug doesn't affect many people, and thus it might not get fixed. Plus, people have slightly different use cases.
- There are ongoing fixes being implemented. They might have think that they fixed a previously reported issue, but if a new bug report comes in after a fix is rolled out, then they know that fix didn't work.

Thanks, Kuovonne. I'll keep that link to the bug-report form handy.

William