2510 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John_Carr
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Whilst a fan of online apps and data, the paranoid in me wonders what I would do if your website goes down or gets compromised. Is there an easy way to backup my bases for local storage?

54 Replies 54

No, this has not been implemented yet. (just giving you a literal answer to that question - I don’t know why it’s not implemented or whether it is in the works or not)

Susan_Gertz1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I tried the free version, and it backed up my base once but did not continue to back it up daily. I can’t see how to make it continue backing up.

Tim_Stringer
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Another vote for local backups.

@Victoria_Hay — Any update on approximately when this feature will be implemented? I’ve seen comments from quite a few people who would love to start using Airtable…and lack of support for local backups is the only thing holding them back.

sarah_chamberli
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Add me to the list for info on auto/offline backups. Thanks.

David_Walters
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Add me to the list for info on auto/offline backups. Thanks.

Nat
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hey all, as Airtable/Zapier experts (not directly associated with Airtable or Zapier) we built a way to do external backups for Airtable automatically, to address this issue directly.

If backups are a priority for you, check out the show and tell here: How to set up automatic external backups for Airtable in 20 minutes

Dpill
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Please notify me on this as well

Marco
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

3 Years later and still no offline access or local storage backup capability? Has anyone heard from the Airtable team on this?

Phill_Dettman

yes please me too. absolutely need a way to export my entire base into something i can use offline… my entire business runs from Airtable too. that makes my knees wobble slightly… especially as Airtable was just down for a few minutes… please add this soon, we’ll love you forever… promise :winking_face:

Encompass_Now

*Bump - really need this option.

Thanks

Jon_Shay

Add another person to the list of folks who need this FOUR YEAR OLD REQUEST

Ambroise_Dhenai
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

We just released an open source software that does just that! See our announcement:

Moe
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

We built a tool that allows you to auto-export your Airtable data to Dropbox on a regular basis.

Pierre-Yves
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

A simple and inexpensive solution is to use Solid Backup.
You just pay once for the software and you can do as many exports as you want. Your data is downloaded securely and directly to your mac or PC in CSV and JSON format. Attachments are included by default.

GavinA
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

My app CSV Getter for Airtable provides a simple solution to scheduling a backup with Zapier. Can be setup in 10 mins or so and no coding necessary. Checkout this tutorial