cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Clembke
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi,

I am setting up an automation with integration with Outlook emails. I can only find limited trigger options. I don't want all my emails to go into AT, only select ones. I figured I would do this by making the trigger conditional, i.e. only when an email is designated with a certain category will the integration trigger and the email post in AT. Does anybody know if this is possible?

Thank you in advance, Christopher

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

As far as I know, this is not possible with Airtable's native built-in automations, but I have successfully set this up for many of my Airtable consulting clients with Make's Outlook automations. You can either have Make monitor just one specific folder in Outlook, or you can use Make's "filter" functionality to "filter" certain messages into Airtable.

There is a small learning curve with Make, which is why I created this basic navigation video to help. I also provide the links to a few other Make training resources there as well.

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

As far as I know, this is not possible with Airtable's native built-in automations, but I have successfully set this up for many of my Airtable consulting clients with Make's Outlook automations. You can either have Make monitor just one specific folder in Outlook, or you can use Make's "filter" functionality to "filter" certain messages into Airtable.

There is a small learning curve with Make, which is why I created this basic navigation video to help. I also provide the links to a few other Make training resources there as well.

Thank you very much for the solution, I checked out Zapier as well before, but they did not offer the filtering options that you suggest Make provides. I will check it out.

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You’re welcome! Yes, in general, I would strongly suggest using Make instead of Zapier. I wrote a very short & very brief post discussing Make vs. Zapier at this link.