Help

?Page Designer Block - Adding linked content to be visible in PDF (data from 2 different views on one designer block)

Topic Labels: Extensions
1255 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniel_Butcher
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi!
Is there a way to present content from 2 different views onto 1 page designer block? Either through linking or another method.

If ANYONE knows how to do this, the next rounds on me!

4 Replies 4

Daniel, I am indeed quite thirsty, but despite that, I have not found a way to do this. I can’t speak for other true experts here who know page designer well. I’ll bet there’s a way to use a join/rollup of some sort - maybe @ScottWorld knows how.

I tend to go totally nuts when it comes to PDF reports and I use the API to do stuff like this which gives me a lot of document formatting and support for embedded links and even form fields.

@Daniel_Butcher I think you mean 2 different tables, not 2 different views, correct?

Two views are simply from the same table, so you can just create a 3rd view that combines the fields from both of those views.

But if you’re talking about 2 different tables, I think that @Bill.French nailed it. You can pull in values from other tables into your current table using Rollups & Lookups, so hopefully that would be enough to get you what you want? What specifically are you trying to do?

Otherwise, if that doesn’t work for you, you would have to turn to external tools to do this for you.

@scottworld I am essentially trying to combine data from fields in 2 different tables so they can be exported as 1 doc. Fires that make sense?

Yes, that makes sense — if you can’t do it with rollups & lookups, then you would need to turn to external tools to help you with that. Typically, though, you would want to get all of your data into one table so you can use tools like this one: https://miniextensions.com/airtable-generate-pdf/