Help

Re: Page designer - dynamic table sizing?

845 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlexW-DP
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello,

Am wondering if there is any way to have a table in page designer be dynamic in size?  We would like to use page designer to generate invoices, but some clients have only a couple of lines while others have 15-20.  The biggest current issue are the large invoices that have too many rows to fit into a one-page table.  Right now, it just gets cut off. Is there a way to extend the table to a second page?

In an ideal world, my total price, etc. fields would be at the bottom of a table that only is as tall as the number of rows in it, whether it is 3 rows or 30.  

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Alex

1 Reply 1
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Unfortunately, Page Designer is very limited so you can’t do what you want to do with it. 

I would recommend taking a look at Documint or DocsAutomator, which were specifically designed for Airtable. 

Alternatively, you can use any document creation app you would like (Microsoft Word, Google Docs, Formstack Documents, etc.) with an automation tool like Make.

You can even send your Airtable data to an invoicing app like QuickBooks with Make. 

There can be a bit of a learning curve with Make, which is why I created this basic navigation video for Make, along with providing the link to Make’s free training courses. 

I am also available for hire as an expert Airtable consultant to assist with any of this.