Help

Re: Page Designer: print margins and page orientation

2964 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I’ve made a print view using the blocks. I’ve set the page direction to Landscape.
But every time I’m printing i manually have to switch to Landscape in the print prompt - is there away around this?
Secondly my printer constantly prints an empty page. Tried to move content away from the edges and play around with the margins but no matter what, my printer prints my view followed by a blank page.
Does anyone have any idea how to get rid of the empty page?

17 Replies 17
Ben_Galynker
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

20%20AM
Hi there,
I am using the Print Designer block on Firefox 52.7.0 on MacOS 10.10.5. I formatted a record to a custom size (270px width x 400 px height). I printed 12 such records (filtered) from my Airtable sheet on a letter-sized page. 6 records fit on a page, so it ended up being two pages.

On the print settings screen I selected portrait orientation and that I wanted cutting guides.

On my MacOS printer screen, I printed to PDF.

The PDF showed up as landscape orientation (not portrait), and the cutting guides showed up on the second page, but not on the first page.

Avi_Doe
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi All,

when I am trying to print a page over the block/page designer function it always generates two pages instead of one.

Tried it with chrome and firefox both with the same problem.

With firefox there are also problems with the appearance of the print. It scales the print smaller then it is actually.

Two%20pages%20out%20of%20one
Format%20bug

Can you fix this bug please?

Kimberly_Widema
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Any progress on this fix? I’m seeing it as well.

Page Designer does not have that option. Even you set with larger than height, you are in “portrait mode”, I think.

09f82f38ea27354e62c52a6fce24537a5d57810b.png

I also suffer from this in some of the PD blocks :frowning:

M_k
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Hi

I don’t know if this works the same way as a word processing document, but I have experienced the same thing when I inadvertently went to far down the page, onto the next page, and I end up printing a blank page (the blank lines will just keep being pushed down with a bunch of blank lines in between when I am typing) until I use the backspace key to get back to the end of the text and hope that works. The other option, if it’s available, or something similar, is turning on this symbol ¶ in the document (paragraph symbol or pilcrow symbol), than you are able to see if you have a bunch of returns below the text and you would just go to the last symbol and backspace all the way to the text.

The other thing you might want to do, is copy and past your document into a blank word processing page and just see if it accidentally falls onto the next page and just backspace to the text and then paste it back.

There is one more thing you can do, when you are ready to print, select specific pages to print (1 of 1) instead of using the “ALL” pages to print and if you have print preview, either with your printer or Page Designer Block, you may have to select something like “page setup” option within the print page dialogue box, and check if there are any blank pages in the preview, than just select specific pages to print.

Hope this helps.
MK

Tried to really take everything away from the edges of the paper, but still makes an extra page.

John-Paul_Kerno
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hello,

When using page designer

1. Include a single select field.
  2. Include a multiple select field.

It is impossible to have both fields justify left on print without looking off

John-Paul_Kerno
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Simply as above. Changing page margins to print has no effect.
Set up as below:

AlliAlosa
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

This could be an issue with your browser… If I use anything other than Chrome with Page Designer, all of the margins are always wonky or cut off. Chrome usually does the trick.

Simon_Stockdal1
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I also have this same problem and it prints page 1 of 2 at the foot of the page, which makes it worse as I can just delete the second page in a PDF since the reader will expect it to be there.

Julie_Barber

Page Designer is driving me crazy due to this issue. I’ve spend WAY too much working hours on this problem and I’m hoping someone can resolve it soon. I can’t get it to just print one, centered, page. It’s always too small, too big and always prints a blank page. What is going on? Same issue on multiple browsers and 2 different computers. At this point, I’m sure the issue is PD itself, and not my error.

Could you please leave screenshots of Page settings and Print settings?

Avi_Doe
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

same here with the blank page. Already waiting for years that this bug will be solved…

Julian_E_Post
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

I was able to solve this by setting page margin to 5 px in the airtable print dialogue, then selecting “print using system dialogue”. This was in MacOS and Chrome

The Page Designer block printing is hugely flawed. It’s impossible to have a multi-page record printed (by using custom page dimensions, such as an A4 Width by 3xA4 Height). All the PDF printers I’ve tried simply print the first page and blank out the subsequent pages.

What’s worse, is that the two 3rd party plugins I could find start at $40 subscription per month, which is a horrific cost for small business - and all for just the luxury of being able to print more than one page per record?

I proposed Airtable Pro to my work management thinking that it was progressive enough, but we’ll no doubt be canceling our subs sooner than later unless some pretty “standard” features - such as being able to printimore than one page becomes easier and accessible, such as through Page Designer.

Not impressed.

+1 ! I am so frustrated by this way too simplistic page designer !!!

Dallas_Jones
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am still having these issues in 2023. I use page designer to print records in a "One per page" layout. I set the paper size to letter and landscape in Page Designer. I left whitespace around the records as if I was laying them out on an actual piece of paper. When I go to print, if I try to "Save as PDF", I get the problems that others describe above like blank pages between records and wonky margins. Additionally, it doesn't actually save the PDF as a letter size. When I open it in my PDF program (NitroPro) and then set the page size to letter, it removed almost all the whitespace I left in Page Designer. I've tried messing with the margin pixels; somewhere around 60px leaves a similar whitespace after resizing the PDF printout back to letter size. 

My current fix is to choose Microsoft Print to PDF as my destination/printer. It creates a PDF in letter size, exactly how I laid it out in Page Designer. However, my landscape pages come out vertical, but it is relatively easy to fix by rotating the pages back to landscape in my PDF program. The one other issue this way is that the fonts and lines are not as crisp. But i'll live with it for now.