Help

Re: Page Designer - Removing Lorum Ipsum?

823 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Geoffrey_Badner
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi. I’m creating some new documents in the Page Designer block. Some fields that I’m referencing from my base do not always have data in them. Airtable is putting “lorum ipsum” placeholder text when the field is empty.

Is there a way to turn this off so that it’s just blank?

I created similar documents before and I don’t recall having this issue. Is the placeholder text a new “feature”?

Thanks!
~ Geoffrey

6 Replies 6

The dynamic Fields from the Tables are empty when there is no value.

The texto field of the Page Designer shows a placeholder text, but only when you do not enter content in it. Just enter the desired text or remove the text field.

Thanks for your reply.

I will not always have text for some fields. For example, I’m creating invoices with the Page Designer block. Most of the time I have a phone number for my clients, but sometimes I do not. For those times that I do not have a phone number, I just want the field to remain blank on the invoices. Right now, it says “Lorum ipsum…” which looks dumb.

No way to turn this off? I had a very similar design to my old invoices where this was not a problem.

Thanks
~ G

Thanks for pointing this out — we just released a fix to not show the placeholder if you have an empty field referenced in a static text element!

But, why it is not a dynamic field from the table? That fields does not have placeholders.

Yes!! Thanks. Looks good now!

~ G

This seems to be back on Page Designer now, is there any way to remove it?