cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mark_Kenny
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi all,

I’m currently trying to set-up a pie chart via Airtable’s ‘Blocks’ function. Is there any way to choose my own colour for each of the segments?

The default colour scheme that my pie chart is using is completely contradictory from the labels of each of my segments - and I can’t find a way to change it.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Mark

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Justin_Barrett
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Right now the chart block picks its own colors, and unfortunately there’s no way to override them that I’m aware of.

See Solution in Thread

6 Replies 6
Justin_Barrett
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Right now the chart block picks its own colors, and unfortunately there’s no way to override them that I’m aware of.

Travis_Johnson1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1 for this ability. Charts often need to be made for the color blind and current options don’t allow for that.

klonaway
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1 !!! My professional dashboard shows different metrics visualised through various kinds of charts. And it is amazing how easily AirTable allowed me to plot these…

Yet, many charts have the same color criteria (by customer, for instance). It is confusing, jumping from a chart to another, to have customers exchanging their colors. Therefore, as it is, charts can’t be compared in the blink of an eye : it requires a closer and painful analysis.

Hoped feature : allow color control of charts. For instance, a field named “CustomerColor” in the “Customers” table could hold the HEX color handpicked/randomlypicked for that client. Then, an option in the ‘Chart Block’ settings, under ‘Group by’ -> Customer would be : ‘Use custom color field’ -> CustomerColor.

Hey, there is no way to do this with the Chart extension and Vega-Lite requires you to write JSON. But it's easy to do with our new extension, Charts & Reports - you can add multiple bars for each x-axis value and customize the color of each.

Screenshot 2022-12-05 at 12.01.12.png

MFAB
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator
Calvin_Young2
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

This is an old request, but boy it would be real nice to be able to pick specific colors for charts.  It's such a simple and fundamental thing to want to do.  But unless you're using dropdown fields... you're at the mercy of the random color assignment.