3519 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thomas_Carey
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Trying to figure the basics of Airtable. At this point i just want to populate a Single Select field in Table A with information in a field from Table B. Doable?
Thank you for our time ~ Tom

22 Replies 22
Moe
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

With this extension, you can automatically copy a lookup field value and paste in a single select field.

MattF
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I’m also looking for a way to do this - I simply want to populate a single select in Table A with options from a field in Table B. Surely this is possible?

Aleks_K
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

The approach suggested in May 2017 works for me. It allowed me to choose a value from using the lookup list. In my case I used linked “Shop” table for the Shop field in “Purchase” table
Screen Shot 2020-10-18 at 5.25.03 PM
Screen Shot 2020-10-18 at 5.25.47 PM

Patrick_Hart
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Seriously how is it possible that a “relational database” doesn’t have this ability?? I’m leaving this app, far too frustrating to be useful.

Gaston_Viau
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Airtable, this is a basic need. @Emmett_Nicholas your response in May 17 didn´t solve what many are asking here.

Any clue to how this can be solved? I´m leaving the app as well if such an essential need isn´t covered.

I guess, I figured it out on how to populate Single Select from existing data.
First, create Single Text column and paste all your data in this column. Once your data is pasted in this column, change the column type to “Single Select”.

This solved my issue!

Thanks for the workaround

@Emmett_Nicholas

Any plans to support populating a Single Select dropdown with values from another a column in another table?

Of course lookups do offer a workaround, but it is more like multi-select.

In similar way I mentioned above, you can populate single select column from linked and looked up records.