cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Luca_Bresciani
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi everyone,

I know that are some problems about printing but I’ve a problem and I can’t resolve.

IMG_2878

When I print a view (grouped by a field) on A4 it’s splitted in 2 pages orizzontally.
The records are not on the same line.
I would find a solution without using PageDesigner or other apps.

Any ideas?

6 Replies 6

Welcome to the Airtable community!

One option is to look into a third party tool for creating documents.

Another option is to “print” to a pdf that is A3 in size, then use a different tool to print that pdf on two pieces of A4 paper.

Hi Kuovonne,

Any examples?
I’ve already tried printing in A3 size but the table is still split.

@Luca_Bresciani

Sadly, the Airtable platform is not really setup to print onto paper or PDF (and the weak Page Designer app only works under limited printing scenarios where you know in advance that your output will be less than 1 page).

For your needs, I would recommend exporting your view as a CSV file, and then opening up the CSV file in Excel or Google Sheets and printing from there.

This process could also be automated with a tool like Integromat or On2Air: Actions, and you could even have a pre-formatted template that you feed your data into.

I know, page designer isn’t really good to print!

Do you think that Zapier is better than Integromat? which are the main differences?

Personally, I am not a fan of Zapier. It is significantly more expensive and significantly more limited than what Integromat can do. It’s easier to learn, but that’s about it.

Below is a good write-up on Zapier vs. Integromat:

Also, if you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant and Integromat Expert+ Partner to help you with anything, please feel free to contact me through my website:

Sigh - helpful advice to export to CSV to resolve the prinitng issue I am having (very odd issue).  But this is not the output I was hoping for.

Agreed that Designer is not an option for the reasons you stated.

I look forward to the day that printing from a record is stable.