cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DTL
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

All,

I’m trying to import a file doc file that exists in an airtable attachment field into Google Drive in integromat.

So it actually creates a file, by the name that I have assigned. But when you open it, here’s what it looks like:

Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 9.48.18 AM

You’ll notice first that it doesn’t open in editor. And what you are able to make out of the text is the address of the file in airtable (according to airtable).

As far as the setup in Integromat, here’s what the settings look like:

Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 9.50.11 AM

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Attachments are stored as a URL in Airtable, so your Make setup is currently only sending the URL onto Google Drive, not the actual attachment file itself.

Wheb you are using Make’s automations & integrations for Airtable, you need to add an additional module to convert the URL into an actual file.

That would be Make’s HTTP module, and you would choose the Get A File function.

Then, you would send the results of THAT module onto Google Drive.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and need to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any advanced Airtable needs, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable Consulting — ScottWorld

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Attachments are stored as a URL in Airtable, so your Make setup is currently only sending the URL onto Google Drive, not the actual attachment file itself.

Wheb you are using Make’s automations & integrations for Airtable, you need to add an additional module to convert the URL into an actual file.

That would be Make’s HTTP module, and you would choose the Get A File function.

Then, you would send the results of THAT module onto Google Drive.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and need to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any advanced Airtable needs, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable Consulting — ScottWorld

DTL
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thank you! That did the trick

Fantastic! Glad I could help! :slightly_smiling_face: If you don’t mind, could you please mark my comment above as the solution to your question? This will help other people who have a similar question in the future. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Scott, 

Busy trying your solution but it doesn't work for me. Still showing the url and not adding the file. Any ideas as to why?

Bildschirmfoto 2023-09-23 um 12.04.46.png