580 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lauren_S
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I am using pre-filled forms to collect records from users. The form fields include linked records.
I’ve just realized that anyone with the URL can simply remove the parameters at the end of the URL link to view the base form URL and as a result, will be able to see all of the linked records in those fields.

For example, we have a link for a vendor to add a bid. It is pre-filled with that vendor’s information from a linked field. If the vendor is smart, they can remove the parameters from the URL to see the base form and then view all of the vendors in our table from that field.

How can we collect data from users with pre-filled parameters in a way that they cannot access the base form?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

In situations like this I add two single line text fields. One text field is prefilled with the vendor’s name and is visible. Another text field is prefilled with the record ID of the vendor and is hidden. Finally, an automation takes the hidden prefilled record ID to make the link.

If they remove the prefills, there is no linked record to see.

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

In situations like this I add two single line text fields. One text field is prefilled with the vendor’s name and is visible. Another text field is prefilled with the record ID of the vendor and is hidden. Finally, an automation takes the hidden prefilled record ID to make the link.

If they remove the prefills, there is no linked record to see.

Lauren_S

Thank you! I will try this.

Lauren_S

Works great, thank you!