3319 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gene_Sigalov
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have set up a view and I’d like to be updated whenever there is an update to that view in Airtable. That means, when someone does @me in a record, I’d like to be notified in slack. Unfortunately, the slack integration does not seem to trigger any notification when there is a comment added to a record. What gives?

33 Replies 33
Tuur
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

I’m pretty sure you can only use the native Airtable notifications for comments.

Gene_Sigalov

Does indeed seem that way. Would be awesome to get comments in slack, or to get digest emails, as is done by Trello. Speaking of which, the Trello slack integration pushes comments.

Have you considered using Zapier to intercept the Email notifications that @mentions generate and creating Slack posts from them?

Having said that - I agree it would be useful (as an option) to be able to have comments go to Slack through the integration - on the other hand there is also the thought that the whole point of commenting in Airtable is to bring the conversation about the data into the database - splitting this off into Slack or any other platform would mean this conversation is separated from the data.

Have not considered zaps because this needs to happen for all members of
my team. With regard to bringing the conversation into airtable, that’s
precisely what I want to do, but of course I can’t because i haven’t been
notified in a slack channel that there is a conversation going on.

hi @Gene_Sigalov - I get why Zaps wouldn’t be a great solution in that case - and it would be nice to have Slack notifications as an option here.

You would get either mobile push notifications or email notifications however.

Archie_Hollings

I would be super interedted if you guys find a solution for this.

Lauren_Cooper
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

It looks like the last reply to this feed was a couple months ago-
Has anyone been able to find a solution for pushing @mentions in Airtable to Slack notification w/out zapier?

Donald_Newlands
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

This is a big deal for us too. I’d love to get people using Airtable more, but it’s really important that we can funnel comments to Slack. Adding yet another communication channel is not an option.

We need is a “mention” trigger for Zapier and/or a comments/mentions filter for Slack notifications.

-Donald

+100

My team actually COMPLETELY avoids commenting Airtable because we want our discussions to be in one place; SLACK. If we could pump Airtable comments to Slack, it’d open up all kinds of possibilities. Especially given the absence of granular access permissions per table/field.

Please emulate Asana’s Slack notification features. We’d like the exact same state-change updates; available per view and targeted to specific Slack channels.

Alternatively, we’d welcome Zapier support for Slack notification upon Airtable comment. But it’s a lot to maintain. A native, Asana-esque solution is preferred.