516 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LeighAnnMoltz
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

We create QR codes pretty frequently in our marketing collateral and it's not infrequent that we find out after something has been printed/distributed that we need to revise the URL it's point to for whatever reason.   

I know there are a few services out there to generate a QR code. Is there a way to manage the associated URL though so if we need to redirect it at some point, we can?  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You could use Bit.Ly to create permanent links that redirect wherever you want them to redirect:: https://bitly.com/pages/home/cp

Similarly, you could create permanent links by using Make's custom webhooks. That also gives you control over your webhook responses (such as a redirect to another page), and you can also trigger your own Airtable automations from there as well.

Better yet, you can create JUST ONE custom webhook in Make but add some parameters at the end when you are generating your QR Codes, and then have your Make automation automatically look up the appropriate URL from your Airtable base to redirect the user to.

This would enable you to keep track of all your URLs in Airtable — and change those URLs whenever you want — without breaking your QR codes.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You could use Bit.Ly to create permanent links that redirect wherever you want them to redirect:: https://bitly.com/pages/home/cp

Similarly, you could create permanent links by using Make's custom webhooks. That also gives you control over your webhook responses (such as a redirect to another page), and you can also trigger your own Airtable automations from there as well.

Better yet, you can create JUST ONE custom webhook in Make but add some parameters at the end when you are generating your QR Codes, and then have your Make automation automatically look up the appropriate URL from your Airtable base to redirect the user to.

This would enable you to keep track of all your URLs in Airtable — and change those URLs whenever you want — without breaking your QR codes.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld

LeighAnnMoltz
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thank you! I was able to work it out with bitly.  

I'm not too familiar with Make, but we do a lot with miniextensions, so I was able to get it to do what I wanted with an automation. I appreciate your help!