cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
James_Mason
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi, all!

Happy to be a part of the Airtable community. One issue I’m running into today is as follows:

When in Main View for my tables, if I’m using the ‘Single Select’ field type I can type a new entry that doesn’t currently exist into the field. This will create a new option any time someone wants to select from this drop down.
e9a19ea64d6f488108258f309b95b9a511a6dcd2.png

The problem is that the same corresponding field in Form View does not offer the same capability. If you attempt to type something that doesn’t exist as an option, it will clear out the field and force you to choose from what is there.
55d9cd84cb7ba97e790b30b621efac9e6f4b2943.png

Is this by design or is this an issue? Either way, I’d love it resolved. Haha.

Thanks guys!

• James
4 Replies 4
Andy_Conlin1
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

As far as I can tell, this is not supported currently. I would be interested in hearing if this is on the roadmap.

I imagine it would likely be implemented as an optional item for each single-select field, as it’s clear to see many times when the usefulness of a single-select field is that it restricts answers to pre-defined options.

Mia
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I would love this feature too. Any update on this? Is it on the radar?

ES1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1
Would really like to be able to add a new option via the form, please.

AND
There is also some confusion with the “Add an option” button. In Grid View, it is for adding a new option and in the Form view, the same button is for choosing from the existing options. Maybe in form view it should be “Select an Option”.

Mego_Salbashian
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I would also like this solution to be able to add a new record in the single selection in the forms section.
is this on the road map?