765 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RP1
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I’m evaluating Airtable to implement it in the company I work on.

When I try to print a Grid that’s grouped by a field, the title text gets cut, unless I make the first column really large, which is not feasible.

Is there a way to make the text wrap to a second line in the title?

Printing (both to PDF and on paper) is a requirement, so I can’t work around it.

3 Replies 3

Welcome to the community, @RP1! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: Unfortunately Airtable doesn’t currently provide a way to control how that group label appears. You might try the Page Designer app and see if that gives you more options, but it’s been ages since I’ve used Page Designer, so I’m not sure if it’s going to be any better than directly printing a grid view in terms of group headers.

My gut approach on this would be to create a script that extracts the data, formats it using HTML, then uses a service like CloudConvert to turn the HTML into a PDF. That’s how I build my business invoices (all automated), but I’m also very comfortable with coding. You might try something like Documint, which turns it into a low-/no-code process for a small fee.

Hi Justin,

Thank you for the answer!
It’s a bummer that there’s no way to control the title text.
The funny thing is, the text shows just fine in a second line in Airtable, but the alignement does not follow on the printed page.

I tried Page Designer, but it’s geared towards printing one record at a time, and I need all the records in one place.

I’m not code-savvy, so I think I’ll have to create a separate Grid for each group.
It’s not ideal though, because the person responsible for printing the documents will have to do it one by one.

Justin is right. This is a big limitation of grouped reports; I can’t use them at all because of this behavior.