cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mathieu_Ruille1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi community,

I can't tell if I made a mistake or if something changed on Airtable's side.

Regarding direct URLs to records in shared views (which we communicate in our newsletter):
yesterday this link was working:
https://airtable.com/shrWJrPQd2lifr4L3/tblJhdIMn9FcFICXU/viwTjYmLJJpWjS63I/recZEI7ZRdrSRMpkP?date=20...

This morning, not anymore. It says "The private share link you tried to reach is not available."

The link to the same record that works today is: https://airtable.com/app1HxCoK9bV1SDUV/shrWJrPQd2lifr4L3/tblJhdIMn9FcFICXU/viwTjYmLJJpWjS63I/recZEI7...

Difference is the base ID "appXXXXXX" that wasn't needed yesterday apparently?

Anyway, yesterday's link is out in the world now, but doesn't work.
Anything I can do?

I found this article related to the issue, but dates back dec 2021.

Thanks for any light you might shed on the topic.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GermanHernandez
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Hi @Mathieu_Ruille1!

Apologies for this setback! I'm a member of Airtable's Support Team and I was able to get some insights into the scenario you are experiencing, this is indeed a new behavior our customers should experience going forward with the Share View feature.

The actual change in URL creation is the addition of the "appId" value, as you accurately described as the "appXXXXXX" formatted value, which relates to the Base that created this Shared View link.

This should not impact the functionality of previously-created Shared View links, what you were particularly experiencing was a special instance where the old link with no appId would not redirect to the new URL structure, as it automatically should, I'm happy to confirm that our team was able to correct this for the URL you initially shared and the functionality has been restored!

There are still some URLs that do not follow the new appId structure and unfortunately are not automatically redirecting to the new URL link including the appId value, our team has identified the root cause for this and we are working on a fix, which should be reflected in-product within 1-2 weeks!

Please, let me know if you have any questions here, we appreciate your patience and help describing this!

Regards,

German H.

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
GermanHernandez
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Hi @Mathieu_Ruille1!

Apologies for this setback! I'm a member of Airtable's Support Team and I was able to get some insights into the scenario you are experiencing, this is indeed a new behavior our customers should experience going forward with the Share View feature.

The actual change in URL creation is the addition of the "appId" value, as you accurately described as the "appXXXXXX" formatted value, which relates to the Base that created this Shared View link.

This should not impact the functionality of previously-created Shared View links, what you were particularly experiencing was a special instance where the old link with no appId would not redirect to the new URL structure, as it automatically should, I'm happy to confirm that our team was able to correct this for the URL you initially shared and the functionality has been restored!

There are still some URLs that do not follow the new appId structure and unfortunately are not automatically redirecting to the new URL link including the appId value, our team has identified the root cause for this and we are working on a fix, which should be reflected in-product within 1-2 weeks!

Please, let me know if you have any questions here, we appreciate your patience and help describing this!

Regards,

German H.

Thanks German for the swift follow-up.

Great to have the redirection restored and operational.
As a good practice, I guess we should watch out and double check if the app ID part of the link is actually here.

Best,