857 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CAHerrmann
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Is there a way to see the history of view configurations? I have a view which had multiple settings and someone in my team must have re-configured it with realizing it was an important view. It was set up 3 years ago and I cannot recall all the settings I had in place.

I need to revert it to previous settings, but do not believe this is possible in Airtable.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Is the base in a Pro workspace? Do you think the view was changed recently?

You could look at the snapshot history and see if there is a snapshot from before the view was changed. Restore the snapshot, which will create a new base. Examine the view configuration in the restored snapshot, recreate it in your current base, then delete the restored snapshot. Finally, lock the view to avoid future accidental changes.

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Is the base in a Pro workspace? Do you think the view was changed recently?

You could look at the snapshot history and see if there is a snapshot from before the view was changed. Restore the snapshot, which will create a new base. Examine the view configuration in the restored snapshot, recreate it in your current base, then delete the restored snapshot. Finally, lock the view to avoid future accidental changes.

@kuovonne,

Thank you! I’m amazed I did not know this feature existed (well, maybe I did, but I have never used it).

Good to know! I was able to restore to a previous version and identify the configuration settings previously used.

You’re the best.