Help

Restoring a snapshot overwriting the current base?

3061 6
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gustavo_VD
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Is there a way to restore a snapshot overwriting the current base? As opposed to creating a new one.

Thank you!

6 Replies 6
Gustavo_VD
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I’ve been searching for a way to accomplish this for a while.
The only way I found would be exporrt/import a CSV file. Is there a more streamlined alternative?

No, but why are you looking to do this? Overwriting the existing base is the same as deleting the old base & starting to use the new base instead.

Most people want to keep both bases after a restore, so they can compare the data between the two bases.

Thanks @ScottWorld! Yes, that makes sense. But in my case I have a series of integrations and automations setup with my base. If I delete it I’ll have to update all the integrations with the new base.

Ahhh, that makes sense!

Yeah, I can see how that would be a real pain to update all of your integrations, especially if they are complex or especially if you have a lot of integrations.

You may want to add this as a feature request in the Product Suggestions topic.

I got in touch with their support an they recommended exporting and importing a CSV file.

My problem now is to import a CSV on a table containing linked records. The linked records don’t get imported.

.Linked record fields will import just fine, and they will link to other tables just fine.

But you have to import each table separately.

And you will have to do either an “update import” or an “add import”, depending on which tables you’re importing in which order. That’s because when you import records into linked fields, Airtable will automatically create new linked records for those records in the linked tables. This is a fantastic behavior of Airtable, because it enables tables to automatically link to one another without manual intervention.

But in your case, you will need to update those records in those tables when you import, instead of adding new records when you import.