975 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Santa_Bill_Gros
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi, I’m investigating an application to help schedule entertainers across multiple venues. I want the entertainers to be able to interact with the “base” only on records where they are assigned as an entertainer on specific events and not to be able to see/edit the entire base. Does that make sense?

For example:
The table would have the fields

• Date
  • Event
  • Venue
  • Characters
  • Job Completed (check box)

Records would be:
Date Event Venue Characters Job Completed
3/1/2019 Birthday Party Golden Arches Road Runner, Bugs Bunny (unchecked)
3/5/2019 Wedding Hidden Garden Foghorn Leghorn (unchecked)

What I want is a way for Road Runner and Bugs Bunny to be able to see and check the “Job Completed” field, but not ever see Foghorn Leghorn’s Wedding event, and vice versa.

Thanks!

2 Replies 2
Ray_Velocity
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have a similar question. I want to restrict access to records to the person that created the record, so that they cannot see records/entries created by others. I did several searches and cannot find how to accomplish this. I hope other members or the support team monitors and responds.

anne
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Have you tried sharing restricted views? You can create a view for Bugs that is filtered by the column that assigns that record to him. Click where it says “Grid View,” create a view called “Bugs,” and then once you have it set up how you want, click the second-to-last link to share that view.

The downside is that shareable grid views, when limited like that, cannot be edited - so Bugs would not be able to check the column himself. What you could do instead is create a form view for Bugs that is limited to his own events, a view for Foghorn Leghorn limited to his own events, etc.

As far as I know, that’s the only way to share a limited amount of information and also make it editable.