cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paige_Gedlen1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi there,

I am using Airtable to help organize my ongoing projects. I have each project linked to another table with all our departments. This way, I can look at all the projects I have linked to each individual department.

However! I want to have 3 different views on this Departments table. “Current Projects”, “Completed Projects”, and “All Projects”.

As it is, all projects populate for each department, regardless of whether they are completed or not. I tried limiting record selection to a view (such as “completed projects” in my original table), but that doesn’t seem to work.

Is this at all possible or am I chasing a dream?

Thanks much for any assistance.

Screen Shot 2022-04-25 at 2.59.55 PM

3 Replies 3

Hi @Paige_Gedlen1
You are almost there!!!

A view is just a filtering or sorting of ALL the data in a table. So once you have made a new view and given it a name(preferably one that describes the view) you will need to set the sorting or filtering options for that unique view.

If we want Airtable to know if an item in the Departments list is a Completed Project, we need to add something to let that table know. You could add a single select dropdown with options for Complete, Incomplete.

Now if General Operations is complete, set that in the dropdown.

Select the Completed Projects view and then select Filter at the top. Set the filter to Status = Complete

Now the Completed Projects view will only show the items with Complete in the status. While the All Projects View has no filter and will show all records.

I do have a feeling though that your Project Status is actually in the PTG General Ops column, if so you will want to pull that in with a lookup instead of creating the status column in Departments.

Thanks so much for your response!

You are correct, the project status is in the PTG General Ops table. Basically, I want those different projects popping up in the “Departments” table to be organized by whether they are marked complete or not in the original PTG Operations table. I have noo idea if that’s possible, but I having a feeling it is not. It will only let me list every project tagged with a department and not specify which projects to include in a view or not

Paige_Gedlen1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

As an example, here is a list of linked projects. You can see completed and not completed projects are together. Is there a way to filter by incomplete / complete in a separate table?

Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 4.03.59 PM