4624 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mohsen_khaldoun
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi everyone! I would like to know if it possible to search in all fields of a table while looking for a linked record (in another table). I tried to do that but I get result only from the first field

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Justin_Barrett
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

When linking to records from another table, Airtable only lets you search based on what’s in the primary field in the target table. To find records using info from other fields, one possibility is to turn the primary field into a formula that concatenates data from several other fields. This isn’t ideal in all situations, but it’s the only way to currently do this with Airtable’s native features.

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3

The search box will only search the current table. It will not look into linked records.

To include fields from linked records in the current table, add lookup or rollup fields.

To search across multiple tables, you can also use the Search block.

Justin_Barrett
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

When linking to records from another table, Airtable only lets you search based on what’s in the primary field in the target table. To find records using info from other fields, one possibility is to turn the primary field into a formula that concatenates data from several other fields. This isn’t ideal in all situations, but it’s the only way to currently do this with Airtable’s native features.

There is now an external solution to this problem. You can now use Fillout, which lets you specify as many fields as you want that will be searchable in linked record fields.