581 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
newtoDB
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello, brand new user, here! :slightly_smiling_face: I see the ability to edit permissions of a field so that only specific users can edit a field; however, is there a way to set the permissions so that only specific users can see the field to begin with?

We want to include some sensitive information in our database that can only be seen/accessed by certain employees.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the community, @newtoDB.

This is only possible if you share one of your views via a private read-only link with those people, but those people MUST NOT be collaborators.

If those users are collaborators (even if they are read-only collaborators), then they are allowed to:

1. view every single field in your entire base
  2. export all the data in your entire base
    and
  3. make their own personal copy of your entire base.

So, unfortunately, Airtable has almost zero security in these regards.

Your only real option for this is to use Stacker , which is an incredible add-on for Airtable, because it adds all of the security & permissions & collaboration features that you would want for your system. Some of my clients would say that Stacker is the most essential add-on for Airtable.

Hope this helps! If this answers your question, could you please mark this comment as the solution to your question? This will help other people who have a similar question. :slightly_smiling_face:

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the community, @newtoDB.

This is only possible if you share one of your views via a private read-only link with those people, but those people MUST NOT be collaborators.

If those users are collaborators (even if they are read-only collaborators), then they are allowed to:

1. view every single field in your entire base
  2. export all the data in your entire base
    and
  3. make their own personal copy of your entire base.

So, unfortunately, Airtable has almost zero security in these regards.

Your only real option for this is to use Stacker , which is an incredible add-on for Airtable, because it adds all of the security & permissions & collaboration features that you would want for your system. Some of my clients would say that Stacker is the most essential add-on for Airtable.

Hope this helps! If this answers your question, could you please mark this comment as the solution to your question? This will help other people who have a similar question. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks so much for the info, Scott! I will look into Stacker right now!