4322 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eric_Falsken
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I’d like an easy/simple way to share read-only views of a half-dozen tables and a few blocks.

How do I share some tables in a workspace, but not others, and how do I make sure that the blocks are also shared correctly?

This is just to give a specific user a read-only report of their relevant data.

3 Replies 3

Sorry to see that this has gone unanswered for so long. :frowning:

The only option for block sharing allows full access to the base. There’s no way to share the block on its own.

39%20AM

Airtable doesn’t currently allow table-specific control when sharing a base. Any shared base gives full access to all tables. If you want to share specific pieces of a base, the only option I’m aware of at the moment is a third-party tool (in beta right now) called Airportal.

Zahra_Ali
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

If you have activated the Embed/Share Apps Beta, but you only want to share certain read-only information rather than the entire base publicly, I’ve found a workaround. It is possible to share a subset of read-only information rather than all information in your base.

Step 1: Create a specific view in your base (hide columns, add filters, etc.), that only shows the information you want to share publicly—let’s call this the Public View in the Parent Base.

Step 2: Create a new Public Base, and sync it to the Public Views you created in the Parent Base. This new Public Base will not show any fields that were hidden or filtered from view in the Public View of the Parent Base, unless you unhide and remove filters in the corresponding parent base view.

Step 3: Create a dashboard in the Public Base and proceed with sharing per the instructions!

What a clever solution! Thanks @Zahra_Ali