cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kerry_Fullingto
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi all,

I have inventory for our plant shop already in Airtable.
From a Gallery view of this inventory, I would like to use the url of each individual card to generate a QR code for our pricing labels that customers can scan and get just that specific card view without having to sign up or log into Airtable.
I don’t want them to be able to edit anything, just view the specific card. (These cards have plant care instructions for each plant.)
Is this possible?

6 Replies 6

Hi @Kerry_Fullington ,

Welcome to Airtable Community !

This is not possible in Airtable, you can do it using something like MiniExtensions.com though

Welcome to the Airtable community!

Do you want help generating a url that will show a single card in the gallery view, or do you want help turning that url into a QR code?

If you want help generating the url, but can create the QR codes on your own, and if you are okay with users having access to all the cards, but want to show only one card at a time for convenience, yes this is possible.

To do this, you need to use prefiltered shared links. The instructions are in the documentation or you can use a premium license with the Ready Made Formulas extension if building the formula for the url by hand is too daunting.

Once you have the urls, there are websites where you can generate QR codes for free. Make sure you pick a service that encodes the actual url and does. It have a fee or limit on the number of impressions.

On the other hand, if you are okay with MiniExtensions monthly fee, that service can both generate the webpage and create the QR code.

Thanks Mohamed,
I will look into “Mini Extensions”

Thanks for your help kuovonne,

Generating the QR codes isn’t a problem.

I really don’t want to allow access to all the cards, just one card per QR code.

I will explore the links you shared to get an idea what is possible.

I could do a web page for each plant and link to that but at this point we have about 500 different plant SKU’s and it would be quite a chore. Because I already enter this information in Airtable for our inventory and to print barcode and pricing labels, I thought it would be nice to use that and not do everything twice.

My suggestion would have just one card per QR code. When users scan the QR code they would be brought to a shared view that is filtered to only show one card. However, users could manually remove the filter and see all cards. They probably won’t manually remove the filter, but it is something to be aware of if there is private info on some of the cards.

Kuovonne,

Got it done with all your help.

Thanks again