2831 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lyndon_Penson
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Like the calendar view but if you introduce Gantt you could take Smartsheet out of the market :slightly_smiling_face: until then they have an edge over you!!!

As an interim to full Gantt view could you show tasks with a start and end date as a span e.g. multi days rather than start date only?

124 Replies 124
NGP
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 The company I work for employees over 400 people. We were hoping to switch to switch from using google sheets and smart sheets to only using airtable but not having a gnatt chart is a MASSIVE issue.

Unfortunately it does not seem that airtable is interested in this feature and we will be forced to stick with smart sheets.

David_Habel
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Evaluating AirTable to become the primary CRM, project management, etc. tool enterprise wide for our ~100 employees and growing company… Gantt chart would carry significant weight in our evaluation/decision.

Sabrina_Allison
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

We haven’t fully moved over to Airtable for lack of a Gantt feature. Timeline is useful to a point, but I need to use it with lookup fields and that’s not available. If we could have the Gantt feature as a view (as suggested above) and include lookup fields, that would allow us to let go of our old system and move fully to Airtable.

Dereck_Hoekstra
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Agreed, that feature would be so awesome!

Right now, Airtable really doesn’t 2nd as a project managing tool until it can introduce some form of a standard Gantt chart. Smartsheet doesn’t incorporate database functionality, which is a huge bummer, but their Gantt chart is pretty awesome. If Airtable doesn’t develop a Gantt chart from their date fields, it would totally put Smartsheet out of business.

Datactivist_Tea
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+100 for Gantt charts here at Datactivist

Tom_Kerswill
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I feel like if the timeline block had an option to set a “depends on” field (so you’d select a field that references other records in the same table), then that would be pretty much sort it…

Ghantt charts would make my life so much easier.

Josh_Evilsizor
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Ditto. Please alert me when you add charts and calendar creation capabilities (need both) and I will sign us up for your service.

NearlyNormal
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Since 2016 this has been a highly requested feature for Airtable to be a serious business project management tool in any enterprise. But no feature exists, not even close. Only pretty little things like “content calendar”. Please, AirTable, launch Gantt or enable some kind of plugin integration.

Agreed on the above! We need a Gantt view. The timeline block is a very weak feature, with no flexibility of a real Gantt view. It needs to support multiple start and end time cells like the calendar view, and the color coding should support any kind of grouping you can do in the grid view. (Like, by assignee?)