606 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aljamdc
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Is anyone else frustrated with Airtable's lack of full base download and limited storage space for a respective paid tier?

Major issues that need to be corrected:

1. I upgraded from Free to Plus but got no warning that this tier would still leave me with storage over limit.
  2. No way to directly reach sales to switch from Plus to Pro tier for first year promo offer that I saw before upgrading.
  3. No way to do a full base download.
  4. No way to download actual attachments as part of a CSV export.
  5. No way to get a quick overview of attachments by file size to find the top resource hogs and delete them.

I get that any service wants to lock you into their service and features but this feels overly manipulative.  

Anyone have any luck with getting any sort of timely response from their sales and/or support?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

> No way to get a quick overview of attachments by file size to find the top resource hogs and delete them.
Hey, I threw something together to help you get the size of each record's attachment fields:

get attachment size.gif

Base link's here, you should be able to view the code and it should just work after you add it to your base
It has like, zero error handling though so it's pretty fragile, but should be good enough to get you going I reckon

Fingers crossed that you get some of your issues resolved, and hopefully this helps a bit maybe

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

> No way to get a quick overview of attachments by file size to find the top resource hogs and delete them.
Hey, I threw something together to help you get the size of each record's attachment fields:

get attachment size.gif

Base link's here, you should be able to view the code and it should just work after you add it to your base
It has like, zero error handling though so it's pretty fragile, but should be good enough to get you going I reckon

Fingers crossed that you get some of your issues resolved, and hopefully this helps a bit maybe

this is over my head - 😥

Hi motherOFcats, what issue are you facing?

Lennart_Wittsto
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

You can compress the files in your Airtable using a free tool: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_RJhZ8JvJk