5504 7
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dan_Weaver
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I have a table with many fields but only a few records. Horizontally scrolling to see all the fields when there’s a lot of empty vertical space feels weird.

Is there a way to flip the display of rows and columns so the screen space is used more efficiently for these kinds of tables?

To be clear - I’m not talking about pivoting the data. I just want to see rows vertically to make best use of the space.

7 Replies 7
Kiaya_Schnellma
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am looking for this function as well to easily update records quickly by pressing enter to get to the next field down…I have many questions to ask and I find the form option a bit slow and long in form. Please let me know if there is any way to do this. Thanks!

Jodi_C
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am also looking for the setting to change the grid orientation. Has anyone found the answer to this? Would be ever so grateful!! thanks

Mikhail_Roshal
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

looking for something similar also. (i know you can do it copy pasting, excel or otherwise…) but when you work with many tables and alot of data this can not be the best long long solution… did anyone figure out please if poss in airtable?! thank you in advance

Cris_Anzai
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes, would like this feature as well. Not used to a horizontal view (Scrolling to the right for a very long time).

This is especially useful when you are trying to create comparisons between 2 or more things. For example if you are comparing features and pricing, it’s easier to see in a vertical (column) view.

Flash-Point
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Agreed. It would be very useful to be able to flip the rows and columns (in grid view).

Marina_Garcia_A
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi, how could I display a view were certain columns come to rows? I have a task template, where every task is displayed as a row, and I would like to have a view where I could order the information by a person assigned (which are currently displayed in columns among a lot of other data).

It would be so useful!! It’s a pity this need has been open since 2017.
Is something else I can do to have a view close to what I am looking for?
Thanks in advance

thijs1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Dear all,

Maybe I am missing something - but where is the answer (to this post of +5 year old post) ?

Best regards.