cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jord8on
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello!

I’m building my online store using WooCommerce (on Wordpress.) Trying to think ahead a little bit, regarding how to manage inventory.

I’ll outline some points of consideration, using numbers for the community to easily reference when responding:

1. We have 306 product SKUs.
  2. Some SKUs are variations of a single product (e.g. we may have product X which has 8 variable combinations, thus 8 different SKUs.
  3. When someone buys one of our variable products on WooCommerce, the inventory on my site is automatically decreased by the amount of stock purchased.
  4. I would like to have this new inventory change, also take effect on my Airtable database, decreasing the stock number by the same amount purchased on my site)
  5. Another point to consider… When I place an order from my Wholesale suppliers I will get a bunch of new inventory for a variety of existing SKU’s. THIS is one of the main reasons I want to use Airtable to manage inventory… it’s so much easier than going to each product and updating the stock/inventory #
  6. Let’s say I currently have 6 of one SKU in stock. I get a shipment with 20 more of this SKU. I want to be able to update the Airtable DB so it now says 26 (as well as any other product inventory updates) and then have this number sync back to my WooCommerce store. How can this be done?

I will look forward to any feedback. Hopefully, I’m not the first person who uses Airtable, that would like to do this!

4 Replies 4

Typically, if people don’t want to manually script connections between platforms using those platforms’ APIs, people turn to external no-code automation platforms like Integromat or Zapier to communicate between platforms.

Zapier doesn’t have full Airtable support — but Integromat DOES have full Airtable support — which is why I can only recommend Integromat.

Integromat also has very extensive WooCommerce support, and its WooCommerce support is significantly deeper than what Zapier offers.

So it seems like Integromat is the slam-dunk solution here, since it has full Airtable support and likely full WooCommerce support.

Note that I am a professional Airtable consultant and a Registered Integromat Partner, and the Integromat links contain my personal referral code.

Thanks for the tips, Scott!

I actually have another scenario already set up with Integromat. Seems like I would quickly surpass the FREE threshold if I’m having the scenario run every 5 mins or so. :thinking:

I may DM you to inquire about doing some contract work for us. :pray:

MichaelTomar
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

As an alternative, you can use a 3rd party tool to connect Airtable to Woocommerce. Try Skyvia - it is a no-code data integration product with a freemium model.

Stephane_Menet
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello everyone,

I would like to share with you an exciting news: the pre-sale page for our upcoming plugin, Air Woo Sync - WooCommerce for Airtable, is now live.

Please visit https://wpconnect.co/woocommerce-airtable-integration/ to explore and sign up for updates. You'll also have the opportunity to join our Beta Program, which is starting very shortly.

If you require any further information, please don't hesitate to reach out!