Help

Airtable Cobuilder is here! Learn more about our new no-code app creation feature, powered by AI on the Airtable Academy

Re: Test and Prod environment

Solved
Jump to Solution
1118 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cshenoy86
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Does Airtable support sandbox instances? So for example if I need to develop and test before moving those changes to production, is there a way to do that? 

What Airtable capabilities allow this? If not, what have people used as a workaround? 

cshenoy
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vivid-Squid
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

There is no sandbox or development only bases. I just make a copy of the Production base, make changes to that base, test, recreate in Prod.

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
Vivid-Squid
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

There is no sandbox or development only bases. I just make a copy of the Production base, make changes to that base, test, recreate in Prod.

Thank you for the clarification. I was wondering if the paid version supports a dev only base. Looks like copying and recreating is the only way.

cshenoy
raaron
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Is this still the only "solution"? This does not solve any of the issues of having to update Automations when they are replicated into the new 'testing' environment when making a copy of the 'production' instance.