cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dim1968
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Communauty.

I have a lot of trouble with Airtable's restrictions and business logic. I have a paid Teams space in which I build my clients' projects. Once finished, I want to transfer ownership of a database and its related automations to my client. 2 questions :
1- Obviously, I cannot transfer ownership of a base. Should I transfer my entire workspace where I have my personal bases and those of other clients? ! Is it correct ?
2- To transfer ownership of a workspace, I think I have to create an "Owner" user who will be billed to me? But if the new owner makes a paid subscription, what should I do to avoid paying on my end?

Thanks for your help. Airtable's sales department must have really racked their brains. With such difficult to understand operation, I am seriously considering switching to Baserow which is more readable.

3 Replies 3

Assuming you have access to your client's workspace you can just move the base to their workspace by following this guide: https://support.airtable.com/docs/transferring-ownership-in-airtable#transferring-base-ownership-fro...

If you don't have access to your client's workspace, try creating a new free workspace and putting the base in there and give them access to that workspace

Thank you very much. But I need details which are not in the documentation
1- If I have created features that are only in the paid plan (example creating an interface), will putting my base in a free workspace erase all features? Or are they just inactive and will reactivate when the new workspace becomes free?

2- When I transfer my space to another person, Airtable charges me for that new person. If I change the credit card of the new space with that of my client, does Airtable give me time to do this or does it bill the new user right away?

re: 1- If I have created features that are only in the paid plan (example creating an interface), will putting my base in a free workspace erase all features? Or are they just inactive and will reactivate when the new workspace becomes free?

From my experience, views / functionality that are on paid plans are disabled but their settings are retained.  Once the workspace is upgraded / base is moved to a paid workspace it works as intended.  I would recommend you reach out to Support about this to get confirmation as this seems very important to you though

---
re: 2- When I transfer my space to another person, Airtable charges me for that new person. If I change the credit card of the new space with that of my client, does Airtable give me time to do this or does it bill the new user right away?

Sorry, I don't know.  I would recommend reaching out to Support directly to get confirmation about this