cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrew_Dal_Pozz
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi there,

Is there a way to rotate / transpose an airtable base? We want the columns to be the rows and vice versa.

Thanks!

6 Replies 6
Alex_Wolfe
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

I believe you would have to do this manually. If you have access to Blocks (Pro plan or beta user), there is a Pivot Table block which may provide something of what you are looking for, but I have a feeling you will need to copy your table and recreate it.

I think you can also do it downloading a CSV, doing it in Excel (or similar), and then importing the CSV.

Yes, in a spreadsheet you can actually select the cells, copy them, and PASTE SPECIAL (TRANSPOSE).

Regarding what Alex said above—we just released the Airtable Blocks platform today. Blocks is normally a feature for Pro and Enterprise users only, but we’re giving everyone a free trial of Blocks until the end of Saturday, March 31. Check it out—it might be relevant to your interests!

Brenda_Ginsberg
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi, How do you do the transpose in the blocks? I viewed the pivot table link but did not see it. Thank you! Also, is it possible to do a complimentary trial to Pro at this time? Lastly, how can I see the gallery view and ideally also Kanban view on an iPhone?

Hi Katherine, is there still no way to do a table transpose? By transpose i mean the transpose function in excel. I don’t think we do it in airtable. Really need this feature urgently thank you