Help

Re: Typing in Long Text Cell does not reproduce all letters (Evernote issue)

Solved
Jump to Solution
1601 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steve_Singleton
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I’m experiencing a condition where typing in a Long Text cell does not produce all letters. Typing the full alphabet (abcde . . . wxyz) produces only the letters “dghjkloqruvwxyz.” This only happens on one computer I have (Windows 7, Chrome browser), and only in Airtable on that computer (Word, Excel, etc. are fine). Typing in other field types (Single Line Text, email, URL) seems to work fine. This happens in my own bases and in the Airtable sample bases I have in my workspace. I’ve tried using a different keyboard on that computer but still experience the issue. I’ve also tried clearing my browser cache and deleting Airtable cookies, etc., and have tried logging out of Airtable and back in. I’m able to type normally in my bases on my Windows 10 laptop.

Any thoughts on how I can get my Long Text fields working again? I’ve emailed support.

Thanks,

Steve

11 Replies 11
Joey
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi all! :wave:

We believe this issue is specifically related to a new update Evernote released to their Web Clipper browser extension. Though we don’t have an ETA on when a fix will be in place, we recognize and apologize for the inconvenience this causes!

• While we figure out how to workaround the changes they’ve made, a way to get up and running again would be navigating to chrome://extensions/ in Chrome and toggling off that extension until things are solved. (Note: You may need to reload your browser after disabling the Evernote extension.)
  • You should also be able to use Airtable in another app/browser without issue.

Thanks for your patience here! Let us know if there are any other questions we can help answer!
cc: @Steve_Singleton

Steve_Singleton
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Yup, turning off that extension fixed it for me. How very strange! Glad (and impressed) you guys figured it out!