616 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dan_Billin
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

When I changed the formula for a field, I got an dependencies notification saying that the change would affect a base that I "do not have access to," which was created by an "Unknown User."

I'm the owner of this Pro account. There are only two other seats on it. How can there be an inaccessible base and an unknown user? Over time I've removed users who have left our office, and deleted some of the bases they created. Could this be what this notification refers to? 

I went ahead and saved the change, so I can't screenshot the notification.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ben_Young1
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Hey @Dan_Billin

This is a behavior I've only ever encountered when there is a shared view in the base that is being used to facilitate a synced table in another base.

It would seem that somewhere in your base, there is a shared view that a user created at some point and then used to create a synced table in a workspace that you do not have access to.

I would recommend that you do a quick audit of your base's views and determine which views are being used for synced tables.
Since you don't know of any use cases or solutions that should be using your data, I would recommend just disabling the shared view altogether.

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
Ben_Young1
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Hey @Dan_Billin

This is a behavior I've only ever encountered when there is a shared view in the base that is being used to facilitate a synced table in another base.

It would seem that somewhere in your base, there is a shared view that a user created at some point and then used to create a synced table in a workspace that you do not have access to.

I would recommend that you do a quick audit of your base's views and determine which views are being used for synced tables.
Since you don't know of any use cases or solutions that should be using your data, I would recommend just disabling the shared view altogether.

Your audit suggestion helped me realize that this dependency info is hidden because we only have a Pro plan. I am the "Unknown User," it turns out. In a Pro plan, Field Manager lets you see summary counts of types of dependencies for fields, but not the identifying info for any specific dependency. See my Field Manager screenshot below: I am the user whose identity is grayed out because we don't have an Enterprise plan. The Pro plan restrictions on dependency info apparently also apply to the notifications you get when you make changes to fields.

dependencies.png