cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
M_k
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Hi

I am trying to update Airtable records using Integromat.

I am getting an error:
“The operation failed with an error. Insufficient permissions to create new select options”

I have found out that it has to do with my multi-select option fields in Airtable (when I remove those options the record gets updated.)

I would like to know if there is a workaround or some other solution, so that I don’t have to go back into the Airtable records and manually select all the options. I have over 200 records. I don’t want to have to do this for each record, that defeats the purpose of using an automation app.

Is there a solution?

Thank you,
Mary

26 Replies 26
Moe
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

I realize this is an old post, but if you’re looking for a simpler way to update records with a form, I believe we have built the easiest way possible.

Adrian_Wasiak1
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi @Justin_Barrett , Integromat introduced an Upsert module for Airtable. Is it now possible to implement your solution without the Search, Update and Create modules but just with a Upsert module? If so, how do you need to implement it?

@Adrian_Wasiak1 Maybe, but my use of Integromat has dropped dramatically ever since Airtable added its own automations. This is the first time I’ve heard of this new module you mention, and unfortunately don’t have time to run any tests with it. Perhaps @ScottWorld knows more about it.

@Justin_Barrett Yes, Integromat’s Upsert module is a pretty cool “all-in-one module” for creating/updating records in Airtable. If you specify a Record ID, it will update the record you specified. But if you leave the Record ID blank, it will create a new record instead.

@Adrian_Wasiak1 If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant & Registered Integromat Partner to help you setup your Integromat scenarios, please feel free to contact me through my website at ScottWorld.com.

Thanks for the info. I might consider it when I will not succeed.

jsirab
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I was Having the same problem after changing one of the fields in my airtable base from single line text to Sinlge select type

thanks for the tip it fixed it right away

Hi jsirab!

I am glad it worked!