1362 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brendan_Sheppar
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have seen that many people are requesting advanced permissions but haven’t seen my use-case if somebody could please confirm whether this is possible.

I would like to know if you can allow user view/edit rights based on cell value. I’m very new to Airtable so perhaps there’s a good way of doing this without me thinking like I’m working in Excel!

I’ll use the most simple example I can think of below.

Company XYZ has sales team made up of East and West, users are assigned to each team in a table.

Person A - East
Person B - West

Then there are prospects in a new table assigned to a Team and person. When adding a new prospect, the prospect should default to the team that the sales person is attached to.

Prospect A - East - Person A
Prospect B - West - Person B

What combination of the following can I do please?

1. Make it so that all sales people can view all prospects but only the team who owns the prospect can edit
  2. Make it so that only the team that owns the prospect can view the prospect, and only the specific sales person assigned to the prospect can edit the prospect

Can somebody please advise if either of the above is possible, please?

Thank you, Brendan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

No, this is currently not possible. Being able to control whether or not a field can be edited (or seen) based on conditions would be very nice.

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

No, this is currently not possible. Being able to control whether or not a field can be edited (or seen) based on conditions would be very nice.

To follow-up on what @kuovonne said, you may be able to do some (but probably not all) of what you’re trying to do with an external portal tool.

Some of the popular options for Airtable portals are Noloco.io, MiniExtensions.com, GlideApps.com, Softr.io, Pory.io, and StackerHQ.com.

Thank you very much for the quick response.

Thank you very much, I’ll check those out.