Help

Re: View weekend days together instead of either end of weekdays?

Solved
Jump to Solution
656 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eva_Eastman
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Is there a way to view the weekend days together on the calendar? It seems obvious but I can’t find an option. I use Airtable for content planning by week and it’s always confusing to have Sunday tacked onto the following week.

Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the community, @Eva_Eastman!

Airtable gives us no ability to customize any of the views in the product, so there is nothing you can do within Airtable itself to change how the calendar handles weekends.

Your only option here is to change the language settings of your entire computer to a country that supports calendars starting on Monday, and then refresh your Airtable database. Airtable will then automatically change its calendars to starting on Monday.

Of course, this is problematic because the Airtable team doesn’t realize that people might travel to or live in a country where Monday isn’t the starting date of the week. So, as you travel to different countries, Airtable will keep changing how its calendar looks. :man_shrugging:t2:

A better option would be to use a completely different calendar app altogether to display your Airtable data. If you have another calendar app that you’re using which displays the weekends properly, your only option would be to create an iCal subscription link in Airtable, and then subscribe to the link within your calendar program. You won’t be able to MODIFY your events in your calendar app, but you’ll be able to VIEW them.

Hope this helps! If this answers your question, could you please mark this comment as the solution to your question? This will help other people who have a similar question. If not, please let me know what else you need help with! :slightly_smiling_face:

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the community, @Eva_Eastman!

Airtable gives us no ability to customize any of the views in the product, so there is nothing you can do within Airtable itself to change how the calendar handles weekends.

Your only option here is to change the language settings of your entire computer to a country that supports calendars starting on Monday, and then refresh your Airtable database. Airtable will then automatically change its calendars to starting on Monday.

Of course, this is problematic because the Airtable team doesn’t realize that people might travel to or live in a country where Monday isn’t the starting date of the week. So, as you travel to different countries, Airtable will keep changing how its calendar looks. :man_shrugging:t2:

A better option would be to use a completely different calendar app altogether to display your Airtable data. If you have another calendar app that you’re using which displays the weekends properly, your only option would be to create an iCal subscription link in Airtable, and then subscribe to the link within your calendar program. You won’t be able to MODIFY your events in your calendar app, but you’ll be able to VIEW them.

Hope this helps! If this answers your question, could you please mark this comment as the solution to your question? This will help other people who have a similar question. If not, please let me know what else you need help with! :slightly_smiling_face:

I had a feeling this would be the case but wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something. I’ll try viewing my data in an external calendar. Thank you for the suggestions!

You’re welcome! :slightly_smiling_face: You may also want to add this as a feature request in the #show-and-tell:product-suggestions category. I don’t know how often the Airtable team reviews those requests there, but it would be good to officially list this as a request.

Hi @ScottWorld, I know this is an old thread but I can't seem to find any newer ones about this. My specific question isn't around the start day but around the size of the days on the calendar. For example, I have a client whose main work is over the weekends, but the Sat and Sun days are always tiny compared to the rest of the week. Is this still something that is not modifiable in Airtable settings? Cheers for any guidance!