498 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Percival
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

A few months ago we found the "over limits" alert in our workspace, after doing an analysis we determined where our over limits attachment came from, we would like to find a way to move all the records with their attachments to another base and delete them from the origin database without losing the attachments

3 Replies 3

Does the other base already exist, or are you creating a brand new base?

If you're creating a brand new base, you can simply duplicate the existing base, and then delete the records you no longer need from both bases.

If you want to move records from your old base to an existing base, you could probably find some success by copying and pasting rows of data from one base to the other base.

However, if you have a ton of data and/or you want to automate the entire process, you would want to use Make's Airtable automations to automate the entire thing for you.

There is a small learning curve with Make, which is why I created this basic navigation video to help. In that thread, I also provide the links to a few other Make training resources there as well.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld

Hi Scott,

The base already exists
I duplicated the table

And instead of "Make" I have a Zapier account, I don't know if this is an impediment for this task, I just want to move the attachments not as a URL but as a JPG.

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

In general, I would highly recommend leaving Zapier for Make, because Make is significantly less expensive and infinitely more powerful.

I give a brief overview of Make vs. Zapier in this threadThere is a small learning curve with Make, which is why I created this basic navigation video to help.

Unless you want to manually copy and paste the attachments yourself, Airtable requires using a URL to move images.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld