Help

Why does the dedupe extension only work on some of my records?

Topic Labels: Automations Extensions Sync
438 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rd20005
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

My team is in the process of building a master planning base that will require eventual syncing from several different Airtable bases across our company. We've installed the dedupe extension and it works for anything created in our master tab. However, it doesn't work on items in that tab where one or more of the duplicates was synced in from another base (for reference each department currently has its own tab with one way sync enabled into this base, and then we have automations set up to create records with the needed information in our master tab whenever something is added to a dept tab).  Is it because some records are being created in our master tab using an automation? Any help would be appreciated, thanks! 

1 Reply 1

Sorry, I don't know the specific answer to your question about why the DeDupe extension is failing, but if you'd like to set this up in a completely different way that will never require any syncing or deduping, I would highly recommend using an Airtable portal that would allow each team to ONLY see their own records (i.e. they wouldn't be able to see any of the records from other teams). That's because with a portal, you just keep all the records in one master base, and different teams are only allowed to see their own records.

Some of the portals available for Airtable are Noloco, Softr, JetAdmin, and Glide.

Noloco is probably the most powerful portal available for Airtable. 

I gave a brief tutorial of Noloco on this episode of the BuiltOnAir podcast.

And I also presented a full one-hour webinar on Noloco called Building a Client Portal on Noloco powered by Airtable.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld