Help

Re: Zapier | New Record in View being removed?

1448 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jackson_Button
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Zapier is saying that “New Record in View” is being removed by AirTable, is this true?

8 Replies 8

No, that is not being removed from the Airtable API.

OK, deprecated then?

@Jackson_Button

That looks like it has been deprecated by Zapier, not Airtable.

That functionality still exists in Airtable’s REST API, in Airtable’s Automations, and in other automation tools like Zapier’s main competitor Make.com:

Personally, I am not a huge fan of Zapier for many different reasons — including the fact that it is more expensive, less powerful, less customizable, and eventually less intuitive than Make.

If this particular feature is important to you, this could be a good time for you to switch over to Make and start rebuilding your automations there.

The downsides to using Make instead of Zapier are:
(1) Their help documentation is not great, so there is a significantly bigger learning curve than Zapier. Once you learn it, however, it is easier to use than Zapier.
(2) Their tech support is extremely slow to respond to inquiries.

p.s. I am both an expert Airtable consultant and a Make expert, so if your company has a budget for your project and you’d like to hire someone to help you, please feel free to contact me through my website:

Airtable consulting — ScottWorld

Thanks Scott, will keep that in mind – I have become increasingly annoyed with Zapier lately. I originally changed to Zapier from Integromat so I do have some experience there. I will give it some thought, thanks.

Also just as a FYI for knowledge purposes, Zapier state that function has been deprecated by the author (AirTable). Thanks again.

I think Zapier recently went through an overhaul.

I was able to trigger an event on New Record in a View. Maybe you just need to reconfigure your Zap.

Arlo_Haskell
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Chiming in here, as I am having the same issue with what appears to be Airtable no longer supporting the “new record in view” trigger for Zapier. At least that is what Zapier indicates — see screenshot below.

Can someone at Airtable clarify whether this is an Airtable issue, or a Zapier issue? We rely on the “new record in view” functionality A LOT to automatically generate renewal and reminder letters a fixed number of days after an event.

Thank you

Again, this feature is not gone and it was never removed by Airtable. You have to choose “new or updated record” in Zapier, and then you can choose the view after that. The feature was consolidated by Zapier to better match Airtable’s API.

I have become increasingly annoyed with Zapier lately. I originally changed to Zapier from Integromat so I do have some experience there. I will give it some thought, thanks.