2832 6
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cameron_McGrane
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I intend to use Airtable and Zapier to automatically schedule social media tasks.

Every day Zapier schedule checks a Primary key [Date] column in Airtable. If today’s date equals the date in the Airtable column then do some stuff…

However, I keep receiving a “Record not found” message.

I construct a date in the Zapier search field that matches the date format in Airtable.

For example Zapier search value = 2019-08-05
In Airtable a primary key date column with the value 2019-08-05

I have confirmed the date format is yyyy-mm-dd in Zapier by hardcoding search string: 2019-08-05 against a text column in airtable and the format is yyyy-mm-dd. Then reviewing the successful output of the record in Zapier.

I’m not sure if there is a specific date format beneath the covers I need to know about.

One solution I have considered is to create a single line text column with the date converted to text and use this column as the lookup.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Cam

6 Replies 6
openside
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

This is something very doable with our On2Air: Actions product that runs within Zapier. You can listen for a date field when it has triggered and then process your zap.

I think there is. Even though you’ve formatted your search string in Zapier, what Airtable is sending for comparison isn’t the formatted string version of the date that you see in Airtable. It’s most likely sending a date object, which is treated very differently than a string. What you’ll probably need to do is add a formula field that uses DATETIME_FORMAT() to format what’s in the date field as YYYY-MM-DD, and then compare the Zapier string with that formula field’s output.

Thanks Justin. This feedback helped me focus on how Airtable represents dates. I removed the date formats in my table and identified Airtable formats dates as ‘2019-08-08T00:00:00.000Z’. I went ahead and formatted my search query to use this format and it worked. :grinning:

Tim_Bourguignon
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

No f***ing way. I have been banging my head against the wall for an hour, trying to find my way around this. I had formatted the date into ISO alright, but adding “T00:00:00.000Z” in the end did the trick. Come on :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Thanks @Cameron_McGrane & @Justin_Barrett

Can you show it Cameron? :pray:

Hey @Cameron_McGrane ! Thanks a lot! Would you mind sharing which zap did you use to reformat the date so it matches Airtable format (YYYY-MM-DDT00:00:00.000Z)? And how?