3303 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deko
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

So I made a zap that will add to my Airtable when a row in Google Sheets is created. That was easy.

However, I am a bit hung up on updating the Airtable record though. How do I get Zapier to update Airtable from Google Sheets? Zapier wants a specific record, but I don’t know which record will need to be updated? How do I get Zapier to watch the entire table and update the field that was changed?

3 Replies 3
Deko
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Nevermind, this will need a paid plan. Off to find a different solution.

Hi @Deko,

You are right; you may need a multi-step zap, and doing an Airtable search for the record you are looking for, and then updating Airtable with the record found on the “search step.”

I hope that it helps.
Sergio

Hi there @Deko , Michaela from Integromat here :wave:

To achieve this, you’re gonna need to watch the Google Sheet rows for new ones, search your Airtable records and finally update the specific record. That means multiple steps indeed.

You could very easily do this with Integromat. It’s a no-code tool that lets you connect pretty much any online services and automate all kinds of processes.

With Integromat, you can build automations with multiple steps and pathways on every subscription plan. Depending on how much data you’re looking to process, the free plan might cover your needs:

Screenshot 2021-08-04 at 13.51.02

Anyway, circling back to your question - the scenario would look like this:

Screenshot 2021-08-04 at 13.53.50

You can check out the currently available features of the Airtable integration on Integromat (i.e. triggers, actions, and pre-made templates) to see what the further options are :slightly_smiling_face: