Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Multiple input dates for timeline view

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
DanielP
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I have a product suggestion based on a problem where I have a table with lots of start date and end date columns for different steps of a project (fully described in this initial post: Visualising Multiple Dates in Timeline View).

Currently with timeline and gantt itโ€™s impossible to select these multiple dates (which you can do with calendar views) and so you have to create a hack to automatically update a new table that has 1 row per stage of the project. The hack โ€˜worksโ€™ but is really awkward both in terms of having to update the hack when adding new columns and also just a bad experience for users who need to jump in and out of different tables just to get to a timeline view.

I donโ€™t really see why the timeline view couldnโ€™t take multiple dates like the calendar view does, and if itโ€™s possible in my opinion it would make running complex projects in Airtable much more practical.