cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ikkelm
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi, 

I want to calculate the time differentials between when a ticket gets assigned Status "DEV" to when it reaches Status "DONE"

The ticket is created before is assigned a status, so "date created" is not possible for me to use. 

I'm thinking a calculated field with some formula setting the date when the ticket gets assigned Status "DEV" and  Status "DONE"

Any kid of input would be really appriciated.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

In your Update record action, it looks like you are putting the last modified time field value where the internal record ID of the triggering record goes. The {LTM - Status} value should go as the value for the {Time assigned} field.

This support article has more info on how to configure an update record action.

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5

It sounds like you have a single select field for {Status}. Try adding a few new fields and an automation. 

- A Last Modified Time field that watches the {Status} field

- An editable date/time field for storing the {time assigned}

- A editable date/time field for storing the {time done}

- A formula field that calculates the difference between the {time done} and {time assigned}

- An automation that watches when the {Status} is updated. If the {Status} is assigned, copy the last modified time to the {time assigned}. If the status is done, copy the last modified time to {time done}

ikkelm

Thanks @kuovonne ! I have managed to do the first parts of your suggestions. 

Could you walk me through the automation in detail a bit more? If possible sharing a screen shoot or two. I have  not worked with automations before. 

Thanks and much appreciated!

ikkelm

Hi again @kuovonne ,

I cant get passed this step in the autimation:

ikkelm_0-1711370579000.png

kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

In your Update record action, it looks like you are putting the last modified time field value where the internal record ID of the triggering record goes. The {LTM - Status} value should go as the value for the {Time assigned} field.

This support article has more info on how to configure an update record action.

ikkelm

thanks @kuovonne for your help. I not got it figure out.