Help

Re: Airtable Limitation from a Quick Base sales rep - are these true?

1530 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zac_Campbell
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I’m looking at learning more about Airtable and using it for my small business. This platform seems promising however a sales rep from another company (Quick Base) had pointed out the following limitations of Airtable.

Airtable Limitations (according to a Quick Base rep)

1. Limited Data Set Support: Airtable has a data limit of 50,000 records (rows) that organizations can quickly outgrow.
  2. Basic User Permissions Means Weak Data Security: Airtable has a basic user permissions security model that allows anyone invited to a workspace to view all of the info in that workspace. In addition, anyone needing to add or modify records requires Editor access which includes the ability to change and delete tables and views that may be needed by other users
  3. Lack of Reporting: Airtable lacks the ability to create reports that can be shared with management and others. Viewing tables with records grouped together provides very limited data summaries in the workspace.

Are these statement accurate about this platforms limitations, or is this dude just blowing smoke? I do notice these statements reflect 2019 features so maybe they are updated. If anyone can confirm, thank you!
Airtable vs. Quick Base comparison 2-19-19

10 Replies 10

Depending on what you’re trying to do, there are ways to create, update and delete records in different bases, effectively linking them, using Integromat.

For example, I run multiple projects with tasks assigned to collaborators. Because you can’t link bases, there is no way for any collaborator to see their tasks across projects in one base. However, I’ve been experimenting with this and it’s possible with Integromat. Take a look at them - they are worth spending some time to figure out if they would work for you.

DISCLAIMER: I’ve been using Airtable for about a month and Integromat for about 2 weeks. I tried Zapier, Automate.io as well but found Integromat to work best for my use case. I’m also not affiliated with Integromat.